- Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, Inc.
The Consumer Network is a Georgia non-profit corporation founded in 1991 by consumers of state services for mental health, mental retardation and substance abuse.
- Georgia Advocacy Office
Mission: to organize its resources and follow its values and legal mandates in ways which substantially increase the number of people who are voluntarily standing beside and for people in Georgia who have significant disabilities and mental illness.
- Imagine Consulting
Imagine Consulting is dedicated to supporting people who experience disabilities and exhibit, what some have called, “difficult behaviors.”
- Governors Council of Developmental Disabilities
The mission of the Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities is “to collaborate with Georgia citizens, public and private advocacy organizations, and policy makers to positively influence public policies that enhance the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities and their families. The Council provides collaboration through information and advocacy activities, program implementation and funding, and public policy analysis and research.
- The Arc of the United States – www.thearc.org
- The State of Georgia – www.georgia.gov
- Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities –www.gcdd.org
In Georgia, DBHDD Region 2
Education and Advocacy in Georgia
Georgia ARC – www.arcga.org
Developmental Disabilities links:
- The Center on Human Policy – http://thechp.syr.edu
- The Council on Quality and Leadership (Accreditation agency)- www.thecouncil.org
- Institute on Human Development and Disability – www.uap.uga.edu
- disABILITY LINK: the center for rights and resources – www.disabilitylink.org
- Unlock the Waiting List Campaign – www.unlockthewaitinglists.com
- Statewide Independent Living Council – www.silcga.org