Community Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) ($1,500 Signing Bonus)
Are you interested in assisting and empowering people to find their joy and live the life they choose?
We believe that everyone should have the same opportunities to make choices to find their purpose and contribute their gifts.
We believe everyone has a gift and it’s our privilege to help the people we support find their gifts and then find the ideal location/circumstance to share this gift.
Full-time and part-time positions
- Respect choices and preferences of people
- Treat people with respect
- Provide people the opportunity to make their own connections and engage in common interests in their broader community.
- Help people to create the life they want to live.
- Have reliable transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Get along and perform effectively as part of a team while at the same time accomplishing many personal supports independently with the person for whom you’re providing that support.
- Upon hire, complete and maintain certification in all required training, including CPR/First Aid and crisis de-escalation training provided by Star Choices Inc.
- Daily electronic documentation of support provided.
Community Direct Support Professional
($1,500 Signing Bonus)
We support people who live in their own or family home.
We support people to fully experience all that a valued and interconnected life in their community can provide for them.
Job duties will include but not limited to:
Going out into the community and exploring the person’s interest toward employment, volunteerism, making friends, and getting involved in community activities. Duties may also include assisting people with food preparation, housekeeping, laundry, organizing, balancing checkbooks, paying bills, transportation, and assisting on medical appointments.
This work would be individualized support meaning you would only have one person you were working with at a time. Schedules vary as far as day and duration based on the person needs and preferences.
Starting pay $11.00 per hour.
At the time of the 6-month review, eligible for raise to $11.50 per hour
At 1 year anniversary, eligible for a raise to $12.00 per hour
Benefits For Full Time Employees (35+ hours)
- Annual leave accrued after 6 months of employment at 10 hours monthly
- Sick leave accrued at 10 hours monthly
- 403B 3% contribution from company the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 403B matching up to 6% the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Eligible for Health Insurance the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- 10 paid holidays per year
All jobs are contingent on passage of hiring processes:
- References check
- Background check (Employers expense)
- TB test(Employers expense)
- drug screen(Employers expense)
- physical(Employers expense)
- First aid CPR class (Employers expense)
All have to be complete before starting. Usually takes 2-4 weeks from interview date.