Stephens & Habersham Counties
Are you interested in assisting and empower people to find their joy and live the life they choose? We believe everyone has a gift and it’s our privilege to help the folks we support find their gift and then find the ideal location/circumstance to share this gift.
Full-time and part-time positions.
Successful candidates must:
- Respect choices and preferences of people
- Treat people with respect
- Provide people the opportunity to make their own connections and engage in common interests in their broader community.
- Help people to create the life they want to live.
- Have reliable transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Getting along and performing effectively as part of a team, while at the same time accomplishing many personal supports independently with the person for whom you’re providing that support.
- Upon hire, complete and maintain certification in all required training, including CPR/FA and Crisis de-escalation training, as provided by Star Choices Inc.
- Daily document electronically work support given and work completed.
* COVID-19 considerations*
Providing mask, gloves, hand sanitizer, gowns, and other PPE. Have specialized protocols for high risk and Covid positive patients receiving support as/if they occur.
We support people who live in their own home, apartment, duplex, condo, family home, etc. We support people to fully experience all that a valued and interconnected life in their community can provide for them.
Job duties will include but not limited to:
Going out into the community and exploring the individuals interest toward employment, volunteerism, making friends, joining a walking club, getting involved in other activities, assisting the individuals with food preparation, house-keeping, cleaning, laundry, organizing, balancing check books, paying bills, transportation, assisting on medical appointments, etc. The large majority of this would be 1-1 work meaning you would only have one person you were working with at a time. We would train you with several individuals and see who you matched the best with to support. Then you and the individuals you begin to support would figure out the schedule some shifts start as early as 7:45am and other don’t end until 9pm. Shifts vary in duration based on the individual you are supporting and their needs.
Minimum Job Requirements
21 years of age
High school diploma/GED
Valid driver’s license
Current auto insurance
Ability to lift, up to 50 pounds
|Starting Staff Pay||Staff after 6 month review||Staff after 1 year review|
|Per Hour Pay||$10 p/h||$10.50 p/h||$11 p/h|
*PT and FT employee positions
Benefits (full time employees):
$.30 p/m reimbursement (AVL to P/T staff also)
Annual & sick leave accrued monthly (20 hours)
retirement up to 6% match , 3% retirement gift
~13 paid holidays per year
All Jobs are contingent on passage of hiring processes.
- References check
- Background check (Employers expense)
- TB test(Employers expense)
- drug screen(Employers expense)
- physical(Employers expense)
- First aid CPR class (Employers expense)
All have to be complete before starting. Usually takes 2-4 weeks from interview date.
If you are looking for work that is challenging and offers opportunities for personal growth, please send a resume and applications to: Gnstarga@gmail.com